This is how an Open Space Council quiz show works
November 14, 2014
We’re always looking for new ways to engage people in our work and the work of our members. For example, Stewardship Palooza involved a do-it-yourself watershed, make your own tea, and oysters actively eating algae. People were interacting with stewardship projects and interacting with each other and it was fun.
For the past few years we’ve tried a bunch of ways of using the internet to publicly acknowledge our members, like this, this and this. We’re trying something new again by thanking our members and supporters with Quiz Show Fridays.
What does this look like? Click here or on the image below to see.
So far thousands of people have seen our members’ logos and learned about their work. And the momentum is growing each week.
What you can do when it’s your organization’s turn:
- Post your organization’s image to your Facebook page, Twitter feed, or whatever social media channels you use.
- Retweet our tweets about your organization on Twitter.
- Email your staff, partners, Board, donors and community letting them know this is happening and to participate on Twitter.
- Like and repost your organization’s image on Instagram.
- Provide hints and tips about the question posed about your organization – but don’t give the answer away!
What you can do as a general fan of Open Space Council members:
- Play along! Answer questions on Twitter by following the #OSCQuizFridays hashtag or replying to our tweets @BA_OpenSpace.
- Get on the Leader Board! Currently @mrosd @InstituteatGG @POST_fans @mhburhcard @baynature & @Piranha426 are your competition.
- Post images to your Facebook page, Twitter feed, or whatever social media channels you use.
- Retweet our tweets on Twitter.
- Like and repost images on Instagram, or post your own with the #OSCQuizFridays hashtag.
- Email your colleagues, partners, Board, donors and community letting them know this is happening and to participate on Twitter.
- Tell your kids or grandkids or neighbor kids about it. It will make you sound cool and hip.
- The Quiz Show is on Fridays between 11:30am-1:30pm
- #OSCQuizFridays is the hashtag on Twitter and Instagram
- @BA_OpenSpace is our Twitter handle
- @bayareaopenspace is our Instagram handle
- All the images are up on Flickr
Big thanks to our Communications Intern Trevor Rice for his deft game-show-host skills.