Time to get inspired
April 13, 2015
We look forward to learning and exploring with you at the upcoming Open Space Conference. Register here.
This is not your typical conference. It’s been called “more like a TED Talk than a traditional conference.” The 2015 Open Space Conference will focus on innovations, attempts, and lessons learned across the broad field of land conservation. When you’re not sitting, soaking up knowledge, you’ll be up, mingling, discussing, and interacting. Here are some of the fun things you’ll get to take part in:
- Exploring at the Rosie the Riveter visitor center
- Walking with nature on the San Francisco Bay Trail
- Innovating with ChangeScale
- Creating with Nature Zone
- Listening to an audio tour of the Rosie the Riveter Memorial.
To celebrate in the weeks leading up to the Conference we’re putting the spotlight on our Sponsors. Last fall we hosted a Quiz Show on Twitter to thank our members. It was our way of shouting our gratitude from the rooftops, while bringing new people into the conversation and bringing some good attention to our members. This time we’re showcasing Conference Sponsors and extending the Quiz Show to allow more people to participate. You can see the highlights of Week 4 on Storify.
Here’s how it works:
- Mondays: we announce the week’s featured sponsors on the blog, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Wednesdays: we ask questions about the featured sponsors on Twitter using #OSC2015QuizShow.
- Wednesdays – Fridays: you and your colleagues can answer questions on Twitter, and challenge others to play along too.
- Fridays: at 12pm we announce the answers to the questions, and reveal the leaderboard with those who answered the most correctly.
Last week AECOM, Metropolitan Transportation Commission, Peninsula Open Space Trust, and H. T. Harvey & Associates were the focus of our questions.
This week we’re excited to announce Greenbelt Alliance, GreenInfo Network, Marin Municipal Water District, Trackers Earth, and the Muir Heritage Land Trust will come on down and play in Week 5 of #OSC2015QuizShow! We’re so grateful for their continued support!
Here’s what you can do:
- Brush up on your trivia for these great organizations: Greenbelt Alliance, GreenInfo Network, Marin Water, Trackers Earth, and Muir Heritage Land Trust.
- Sign up for Twitter if you’re not already there.
- Search and save #OSC2015QuizShow
- Register to attend the Open Space Conference
- Become a sponsor and be a part of the Quiz Show
- And come on down!