Conference Speakers and Quiz Show Week 6
April 20, 2015
We look forward to celebrating with you at the Anniversary Party and the Open Space Conference. There’s still time to register, sponsor, or volunteer.
We’re pleased to have Senate President pro Tempore Kevin de León as our Keynote Speaker at the Conference. The first Latino elected President pro Tempore of the California State Senate in more than 130 years, Senator de León is setting a bold agenda to give every kid a fair shot at a higher education, and to combat climate change while building a new, low-carbon economy with opportunities for all Californians. This year, Senator de León’s Democratic caucus has introduced legislation to strengthen California’s climate leadership by pursuing standards that will reduce petroleum use by 50 percent, set a 50 percent renewable energy standard for the state’s utilities and increase building energy efficiency by 50 percent, all by 2030. Senator de León also has introduced a bill to require the state’s public employee pension funds to divest from coal and, by 2050, increase the state’s overall climate pollution reduction target to 80 percent below 1990 levels.
In addition, Brian Stranko, Director of Water Programs at The Nature Conservancy will be speaking on what water conservation means for land conservation.
The Open Space Conference is the perfect place to learn about the current hot topics effecting land conservation in California. You and your colleagues can keep your finger on the pulse, connect with partners, new and old, and help propel the next generation of conservation. We can’t wait to see what happens when we Try. Learn. Repeat. together at Open Space Conference 2015.
To celebrate in the weeks leading up to the Conference we’re putting the spotlight on our Sponsors with an online Quiz Show. Check it out at #OSC2015QuizShow. You can see the highlights of past weeks on Storify.
Here’s how it works:
- Mondays: we announce the week’s featured sponsors on the blog, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Wednesdays: we ask questions about the featured sponsors on Twitter using #OSC2015QuizShow.
- Wednesdays – Fridays: you and your colleagues can answer questions on Twitter, and challenge others to play along too.
- Fridays: at 12pm we announce the answers to the questions, and reveal the leaderboard with those who answered the most correctly.
Last week Greenbelt Alliance, GreenInfo Network, Marin Municipal Water District, Trackers Earth, Trust for Public Land, and the Muir Heritage Land Trust were the featured sponsors.
This week we’re pleased to say California Council of Land Trusts, Marin County Parks, Marin Agricultural Land Trust, ESA, Sonoma Land Trust, and the National Park Service will come on down and play in Week 6 of #OSC2015QuizShow! Thank you for your support of the Open Space Conference!
Here’s what you can do:
- Brush up on your trivia for these great organizations: California Council of Land Trusts, Marin County Parks, Marin Agricultural Land Trust, ESA, Sonoma Land Trust, and the National Park Service.
- Sign up for Twitter if you’re not already there.
- Search and save #OSC2015QuizShow
- Register to attend the Open Space Conference
- Become a sponsor and be a part of the Quiz Show
- And come on down!