The Open Space Council exists to share ideas, forge partnerships, and create a shared vision for the San Francisco Bay Area’s parks, trails, open spaces, and working lands. We are coalition of organizations – nonprofits as well as city, county, regional, state and federal public agencies – involved in conserving, stewarding, and promoting those places.
Members are organizations and agencies who acquire, manage and provide resources to land.
Supporters are nonprofit organizations who provide services to, connect people to, advocate for and otherwise support the protection of land.
“The Open Space Council inspires and incubates progressive ideas in its members through its gatherings, and helps give a common voice to conservation around the Bay Area through its coordination of marketing and lobbying.”
Dues are a sliding scale from $250 to $5,000 based on your organization’s or agency’s annual operational budget.
Benefits of Membership
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND NETWORKING
- Stay on top of hot topics and connect with peers
- Complimentary Gathering attendance (held 4x/year) for Board and staff
- Discounted annual Open Space Conference tickets for Board and staff
MARKETING AND OUTREACH
- Your job listings on our website reaching 1000s of people
- Social media campaigns about you and our members with 100k+ impressions
- Stories about your work featured on our blog
- Listing in Open Space Conference program and on our website
RESOURCES AND ADVOCACY
- A large and diverse constituency for your work with Outdoor Voice
- Active advocacy for regional conservation funding
- Regional vision and practical tool for protecting biodiversity with Conservation Lands Network
- One year subscription to Bay Nature magazine
Your dues enable us to be a central hub of information, resources, and connections. Thank you!
Sarah Noel Ross, Community Engagement Manager
(510) 809-8009 ext. 258
Jasper Ridge Biological Preserve, Stanford University