25 Ways to Celebrate the 4th of July
July 3, 2015
Happy Independence Day!
We like to think a little differently here at the Open Space Council. Accordingly we have some different ideas for how to best spend your 4th of July weekend. Don’t get us wrong… we fully support picnics and parades and pie. But we think popular culture is missing out on 25 very fun things to do this long weekend. If we had our way, everyone would be doing these 25 things.
Ready for it? Let’s begin.
1. Click on 65 really cool links
2. Watch the State of Harmony
3. Sign up to use your Outdoor Voice
4. See what Outdoor Voice is doing on Facebook
5. Browse maps about recharge and runoff (nothin’ says celebration better than that)
6. Explore the Bay Area’s protected lands with Explorer
7. Become a Visionary
8. Save the date: September 17 will be our next Gathering focused on partnerships between Native Americans and land conservation organizations
9. Turn up the volume and click this
10. Donate to the Bay Area Open Space Council
11. Read a book
12. Read an article
13. Find a friend
14. Take a pause
15. Sing with a Congressman, a rock legend, and an Open Space Council Advisory Council member
16. Debate which is better: this or this
17. Find a job
18. See progress
19. Check out Instagram
20. Read a story
21. Think about every inch of United States land
We’re working with @mrosd @plusmsf and amahmutsun.org/land-trust to tell the story about unique partnerships between Native Americans and land conservation organizations in the Bay Area. Because not one inch of land in the United States wasn’t Native American land at one time. #conservation #land #openspace #nature #justice #bayarea #video #nativeamerican #partnership #friends
22. Count some acres
23. Get in The Loop
24. Read a blog
25. Consider the tortoise and the hare
What are you going to do this weekend? Whatever you do – whether it’s these 25 things or not – we wish you a happy long weekend and Independence Day.